3/27/2010

A Recommended Listen

I will 'recommend' a favourite sermon of mine, or a sermon that has been especially blessed to my soul, each week. This is the first of these: The Love of God in Heaven

I listened to this a number of weeks ago, when my soul was heavy, heavy, heavy. How unspeakably gracious God is, to bless our souls when we deserve nothing but His wrath and curse.
I had been so convicted of my sin for days before I listenened to this. I felt like crawling into a corner and never having to see or to speak to anyone again. In providence, God gave me an afternoon on my own in the house, and I listened to this sermon. I want to say this though: I was not in the 'mood' to listen to a sermon, nor to read, nor to pray. My soul felt like it was being crushed, and yet I was not wanting comfort. What strange creatures we can be. As I said, all I wanted was to hide away somewhere and not have to face God or the world. But God is good. He is gracious. He is kind. He gently leads us into green pastures where we find rest for our souls. What a Saviour we have! Would that we would love Him more.
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" And what rest we find, when we are resting in Him.

I hope this sermon is blessed to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails