5/07/2011

Brassicas Planted. Yipee!

The brassicas were planted today. There are Calabrese, Broccoli Romanesco and Cauliflower.

It felt so, so good getting them into the ground.

If the rows aren't straight, please don't tell the Builder. Catherine and I were working here, whilst the Builder and Big Brother sorted some fencing, so not a word if you reckon the spaces aren't exactly 700mm, and the rows aren't exactly 750mm.

Not a word, ya hear.


Here are some potatoes we planted in tubs a few weeks ago. Don't they look good?

I haven't given a sermon recommendation for some time, so here's one for now.

I haven't actually listened to this sermon, though I have heard this preacher a few times, so I'm not sure I can call it a recommendation. I thought the title was interesting, so Sinners Sent to the School of the Ant is this week's recommendation. The accent is from Northern Ireland - a good Ulster accent!

Have a blessed weekend, y'all!

10 comments:

  1. Well they look pretty straight to me.... not sure about the 750 mm, but I will be sure not to tell. Getting them in the ground is a big production isn't it? So yea, happy day. Perhaps you could bring Catherine for a visit and help me get mine in the ground... well, it would be nice.

    Loved your Stylish Blogger Award Random Facts. (Well all except for puppy being sooo sick; he does look a little under the weather poor boy).

    Those flowers were beautiful by the way. I know what you mean about those rewards of having them home. Comments like that make every minute worth it for sure. As you know it is Mother's Day in America tomorrow, so Happy Mother's Day to you from the USA.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have all been so busy! We haven't planted our potatoes as of yet...still just a bit early for us. We did get the ground tilled again today. Hopefully, if the weather stays warm...we will put them in this week.

    Do you celebrate Mother's Day? Well, here's a special "Happy Mother's Day" from across the sea! Hope you have the best day ever!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work with the plants. I spent today working in our garden and with some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby requires the rows to be really straight. I just can't taste the difference it makes in the vegetables!!!:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great! And don't worry about the rows... the plants don't care if they're off a bit!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following it! I was really excited to see a new follower... welcome! And thanks for the sweet comment!

    I'm liking your blog, I'll be following as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is amazing. Straight rows are highly overrated.

    Thanks for the sermon "suggestion". I love a good sermon. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Greer is very good - if I can't get out to Church with a sick child, I will often tune into their live service via sermonaudio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! My husband is very particular about our beds being perfect, and our rows exactly right. To me-once everything gets to growing, no one is going to notice!

    Thanks for linking up to Frugal Gardening 101. Hope you'll join in with us next week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great garden! I wont say a word, I promise (I didnt even notice 'till you mentioned it.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails