3/02/2016

Spring ... To Stay or Not to Stay?



I woke this morning around five o’clock, and at six o’clock, I opened the bedroom blind and the window to let both the stunning morning colours pour in to the room and also the sweet birdsong. Both were beautiful. Both gave me that real oomph feeling that is often nowhere in sight in the mornings. And both meant one thing: Spring has sprung!

During the morning, as I was texting my mum, I grabbed a quick photo with my mobile to prove to Mum that, honestly, the day actually was as good as I was saying. 



The weather here is so amazing - to me - that we have a bit of a daily joke going. Mum phones or texts and inevitably comments on their weather. I answer with my usual speil, telling of yet another stunning day, with not so much as a breeze etc etc. Mum reckons I simply press Play on a recording!

Hence my taking of this photo and sending it in a text to Mum!


However, only an hour later, this was the photo I took with my phone.




What a difference an hour or so can make!



I couldn’t resist handing over my camera to Calum, who was heading out with the Builder, and he took some photos around the estate. 









It's just as well there was no wedding on at the hotel today. The scenery would have been stunning (as has often been the case over this past winter), but the guests may have had some difficulty making their way along the country roads.










Seems like if Spring sprung, it sprung a long way off again. But personally, I have no qualms with the snow giving us a few more glimpses of its quiet beauty.





4 comments:

  1. Wow, such a change and so quickly. Beautiful snowy scenes, albeit difficult for travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful . . . snow is always beautiful to me . . . as long as I don't have to get out in it. Alas, that seldom happens. Snow makes me want to make a big pot of soup and bake homemade bread. I hope you are enjoying some of that today. Is this hotel near you? It looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's incredible how quickly it changed! There is beauty in both scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No words to describe the beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails